Candles are a serious fire hazard if not used properly.
The following tips are to help minimize the risk when burning candles indoors.
- Trim your wick to ¼” before each burn. This will help keep the flame small & encourage a clean and even burn.
- To prevent fire and serious injury, burn your candle within sight and away from items that can catch fire.
- Do not burn candle for more than 4 hours at one time.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the container before extinguishing. Soy candle wax has what’s called a memory. When you burn a soy candle and then extinguish it, the next time you burn it, the soy candle wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This is why it is so important to allow soy candles to burn all the way across to the edge of the container the first time you burn it before putting it out. This ensures that your soy candle does not tunnel as it burns, leaving wax along the sides of the container.
- Discontinue burning your candle when ½ an inch of wax remains and/or the wick detaches and moves off center.
- Burn candles in a well ventilated area.